Thank you for attending Soil School 2017! We hope the day gave you lots of new information and energized you to improve the health of your soil!
Our presenters included:
- James “Dr. Soil” Cassidy, Oregon State University soil scientist and instructor
- Eileen Stark, landscape designer and author of Real Gardens Grow Natives
- Dean Moberg, Natural Resources Conservation Service
- Weston Miller, OSU Extension Community & Urban Horticulturist
- Kim Galland, Natural Resources Conservation Service
- Cory Owens, NRCS
- Michelle Delepine, West Multnomah SWCD Invasive Species Program
- Kathy Pendergrass, Natural Resources Conservation Service
- Naomi Montacre, Naomi’s Organics
- Jordan Weiss, Jordan’s Mushrooms
- Marisha Auerbach, Permaculture Rising
- Travis Godeaux, Natural Resources Conservation Service
- Glen Andresen, Metro/OSU Extension
- Jim Labonte, Oregon Department of Agriculture
We will gather the presentations and post them on this page for all to view and save. Watch for updates!
2017 Session presentations and handouts:
Soil School 2017 was sponsored by West Multnomah Soil & Water Conservation District, Tualatin Soil and Water Conservation District, and OSU Extension.
For more information, please call WMSWCD Communications Coordinator Carolyn Lindberg at 503/238-4775, ext. 101 or email at email@example.com.
Soil School is a day-long workshop that includes multiple sessions on a wide variety of topics – all having to do with soil. For the past four years, we’ve featured the entertaining and dynamic James Cassidy, an Oregon State University soil scientist who has a passion for soil! We schedule exciting and passionate experts to speak on a host of interesting and informative topics.
Each year, the sessions may change slightly, as we try to stay relevant to the gardening, landscaping, farming community.
Soil School is designed to educate and provide networking opportunities for attendees. Watch our website for information about Soil School in the first part of each year. Typically, Soil School is held in April. For more information about Soil School, contact Communications Coordinator Carolyn Myers Lindberg, firstname.lastname@example.org or 503.238.4775, ext. 101.