The West Multnomah Soil & Water Conservation District organizes a variety of activities to help educate not only children who attend public and private school in the District but also the educators themselves. The Conservation District works with administrators, teachers, parents, students and school volunteers on a variety of projects including native plant and pollinator gardens, vegetable gardens, invasive weed pulls, and other stewardship projects that engage students in hands-on learning that is integrated with classroom curricula.
Additionally, we are engaged in regional and statewide efforts with multiple partners to advance environmental education, from cradle to grave.
- ACE NW (Adult Conservation Educators Northwest)
- Environmental Education Associaition of Oregon
- The Intertwine’s Conservation Education Leadership Council
- OSU Extension Service’s Multnomah Education Council
- Oregon Farm to School and School Garden Network
Urban Workshop Offerings
Please visit the resources links below to get more information about our programs