- This event has passed.
Tualatin SWCD Rainwater Harvesting Workshop and Tour
October 20 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
Join the Tualatin SWCD for an introduction to rainwater harvesting. Free workshops and tour in October and November.
Topics to be covered:
● Rainwater collection for both urban and rural settings
● Potable and non-potable uses
● Parts needed to install a system
● Water availability calculation
● Water uses and irrigation efficiency
● Pump systems, gutters and downspouts
● Concept of large tanks (>550 gallons)
● Case studies
The tours are applicable to both urban and rural residents. Site tours are at 10am and 1pm. More information about the tours will be given after you RSVP a week before the event.