- This event has passed.
Keeping Your Home and Property Safe from Wildfire
February 28, 2019 @ 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm| Free
These workshops for landowners and residents are being hosted by Oregon State University Extension Service. Read more on pages 5-6 in the Woodland Notes Winter 2018-19 edition.
There is no fee, but space is limited and pre-registration is required to reserve your seat. To register:
- For workshops in Clackamas County (Estacada, Molalla, or Welches), contact Clackamas Soil and Water Conservation District at 503-210-6000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For the workshop in Salem, contact OSU Extension at 503-655-8631 or email@example.com.
All workshops are 6:00-8:00 pm.
February 28 – Estacada Community Center, 200 SW Clubhouse Drive, Estacada
March 12 – Molalla Grange Hall, 127 Grange Ave, Molalla
April 4 – Hoodland Fire Station, 69634 E Hwy 26, Welches
April 18 – Oregon Farm Bureau Board Room, 1320 Capitol St NE, Salem
Oregonians live in a fire-prone environment, but there are effective practices for minimizing impacts of fire in your neighborhood. Are you and your community prepared for wildfire? Do you want to know how you can give your home and property the best chance to survive wildfire? By taking action now, you can reduce the chance that your home will burn during a wildfire.
To learn more, attend this program in any of four locations. The sessions will be led by a team of OSU Extension Forestry and Oregon Department of Forestry instructors at each location. Learn how a fire professional views your home and property, and the steps you can take to reduce risk. Presentation, discussion, and reference material will cover:
- How to create defensible space around homes and buildings.
- Thinning, pruning, and groundcover management practices to reduce fire hazards in your landscape and woodland.
- Sources of assistance for assessing your risk, planning and implementing fuels reduction and other treatments to reduce hazards.