- This event has passed.
Basic Woodland Management – March 12-30
March 12 @ 6:00 pm - 8:30 pm| $40
Brought to you by Oregon State University Extension Service
This five-session course is ideal for anyone who is just starting out taking care of a woodland property. Topics to be covered include:
- Getting started: assessing your property and site
- What’s going on in your woods? Understanding tree biology, forest ecology and habitat
- Taking care of your woods: tree planting, care for an established forest, weed control
- Getting it done: Timber sale logistics, laws and regulations
- Field trip to see first hand examples of what you’ve learned.
Dates: Tuesday & Thursday, March 12th, 14th, 19th, 21st. Saturday field trip date TBD (probably March 23 or 30)
Time: 6:00 pm – 8:30 pm
Location: Columbia County Extension office, 505 N. Columbia River Hwy, St. Helens
Cost: $40/individual or $50/couple sharing materials
To register: https://tinyurl.com/basicwoodland2019 or call Sonia at 503-397-3462. Deadline: Friday, March 1st.